Winter is an amazing time along the North Shore of Minnesota. Join us as we explore shorelines, islands, and waterfalls as they take on a special majesty in the snow and ice. Places we will photograph include Hollow Rock, The Tombolo, Split Rock, Pigeon Falls, and more. If the skies cooperate, we will also do some night sky photography.
In addition, we will have daily sessions where we are available to assist you with post-capture processing questions and ideas. These are judgement-free sessions, and we maintain a positive learning environment!
Your workshop registration includes:
- Personalized, one-on-one attention from our instructors.
- All transportation during the workshop.
- All entry fees to parks.
- Set of Neutral Density filters.
- Workshop handouts/materials.
And even after you return from the workshop, we provide you with some extras!
- You will have the opportunity to be part of the adventure's social media group, so you can continue to learn and share from others you met.
- Your instructors will always be available for ongoing support and ideas after you return.
- The adventure begins the morning of February 8 and finishes up on the morning of February 10. (Note: there is a meet and greet the evening of February 7.)
- The best way to learn is hands-on, so we give you ample opportunity to click shutters. Our photo adventures have enrollment sizes which ensure that you are not stepping over 30 other photographers for that ideal shot set-up.
- Small group size also ensures a peaceful nature experience for everyone. And with at least two adventure leaders at each workshop, there is close, individual interaction for all your questions.
- No overly technical photographic knowledge is required. That is why you are coming to our workshop. We focus (pardon the pun) on both the creative aspect of capturing images as well as honing your technical skills. We work with you to capture the best image possible behind the viewfinder, so you don’t have to rely on a lot of software gimmicks. This simple approach makes these adventures especially suited for beginners and amateurs.
- A camera with manual settings and a tripod is recommended for the adventures. Basic knowledge on how to navigate your camera's settings is helpful.
- The workshop requires a minimum number of students, or it will be cancelled. In the event of cancellation due to not filling the minimum, a full refund will be given including deposit.
- Transportation to and from the workshop is not included.
- The workshop does not include lodging. We encourage students to make reservations and stay at the designated adventure hotel, but we can suggest some other nearby lodging options for a range of budgets. Information on the adventure hotel will be sent to you after registration.
- Workshop Home Base: Grand Marais, MN
- Airports: Duluth International Airport - Duluth, MN, 113 miles. Minneapolis - St.Paul International Airport - Minneapolis, MN, 275 miles. La Crosse Regional Airport - La Crosse, WI, 350 miles.